Enjoy Concerts and Performances During the Holidays
What would the holidays be without music? We are blessed to have so many opportunities in our area to enjoy church and school choirs, band concerts, and dance recitals. The wonderful Christmas concerts put on by the talented musicians from the area schools and by West Shore Community College are not to be missed. In addition, there are dance recitals and holiday plays to put you in a festive mood.
Special holiday programs which are scheduled for 2020 include the following. Others will be added as they become available.
- 6 - Christmas by Candlelight Concert, 7pm, Centenary United Methodist Church, 82 S. Hancock in downtown Pentwater.
- 11 (Virtual program) - "We'll Be Home for the Holidays", 6pm, annual program of favorite holiday tunes and tales presented by Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
- 13 (Virtual program) - St. Lucia Festival of Lights, Emanuel Lutheran Church, Ludington.
- 18 (Virtual program) - WSCC Jazz Ensemble, Wind Symphony and Concert Choir, 7pm, holiday concert with special guests.
Details for the following special holiday programs which are usually held have not been announced to date, and several of them may have been canceled for 2020 due to Covid-19 health concerns. Watch for them to return in 2021.
- - OJ Fall Choir Concert 7:30pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - LHS Fall Choir Concert, 7:30pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - Ludington 5th Grade Talent Show, 6pm, Foster School, Ludington.
- - Victorian Choral Concert by Manistee Choral Society, 7pm, First Congregational Church in Manistee.
- - Hart Performing Arts Series, 7:30pm, Hart Middle School Auditorium.
- - Letha Fulton School of Dance Christmas Show, 4pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - Letha Fulton School of Dance Christmas Show, 1pm & 5pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington
- 7 (Canceled) - Scottville Elementary Christmas Program 6pm, A.O. Carlson Auditorium, Scottville.
- - WSCC Gold Coast Chorale 7:30pm, WSCC Center Stage Theater, Scottville.
- - Ludington Area Catholic Christmas program, 7pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - Pentwater Elementary Music K-4 Winter Program, 6pm, Pentwater School.
- - Franklin Kindergarten Music Program, 7-8pm, Peterson Auditorium.
- - Lakeview Elementary Christmas Concert, 7-8pm, Peterson Auditorium.
- - LHS Band Concert, 2pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - Pentwater First Baptist Church Annual Christmas Concert, 6pm, 101 Rush St., Pentwater
- - MCC Middle School concert 7pm, AO Carlson Gymnasium, Scottville.
- - OJ Middle School Band Concert, 7:30pm-8:30pm, Peterson Auditorium, Ludington.
- - Manistee 7th, 8th & MHS Christmas Concert, 7pm, Manistee High School.
- - Manistee Choir Holiday Concert 2pm, Manistee High School.
- - MCC High School Band and Choir Concert, 7:30pm, AO Carlson gymnasium, Scottville.
- - Pentwater 5th & 6th, Junior High & High School Winter Concert,, 7pm, Pentwater School.
More West Michigan Holidays Info...
For more activities & attractions, check out these additional links for Things to Do in West Michigan:
Ludington Activities & Things to Do -- Play on a beautiful beach, take a tour at Historic White Pine Village, or explore the barn quilt trail, murals or sculptures in the county--Ludington offers many fun things to do for the entire family!
Have Fun in Manistee, Michigan -- Explore Manistee's historic downtown district and riverwalk, hike the Manistee National Forest, canoe on the Manistee River, and more.
Hamlin Lake -- Just 4 miles north of Ludington, Hamlin Lake is a great destination for boating, fishing and climbing dunes! The Hamlin Lake shoreline is also part of the Ludington State Park.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes -- Visiting the Silver Lake Sand Dunes makes for a terrific vacation because you can take your off-road vehicle for a spin on the scenic sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
Things to Do in Pentwater, Michigan -- Nothing is quite like the quaint, artsy, harbortown village of Pentwater. Don't miss the popular Charles Mears State Park beach on Pentwater's Lake Michigan shoreline.
Lots of Activities in Scottville, Michigan -- Explore the Riverside Park along the National Scenic Pere Marquette River.
Canoeing or Fishing on the Pere Marquette River -- Many boat liveries offer canoe rentals.
Also, check out West Michigan Guides and our locally produced WestMichigan.MichBiz.com directory for our largest lists of Things to Do in West Michigan.